Pages

Brief Career Bio

My photo
Civil Engineer with a Masters Degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation). I also hold a B.Sc. in Civil Engineering and Geomatics. I am licensed as a Professional Engineer in both Canada and the United States.

Blogger Contact

Feedback kindly welcome. Email me!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

XREF Manager Dissappearing Act

This isn’t exactly a Civil 3D 2011 tip, however; I have encountered a few times when the the XREF manager dissappears completely.  Not sure why this happens, but it can be a very frustrating incident when working with XREF drawings you have to constantly cycle through.  I posted this not for just for the general public, but myself as I seem to forget how to fix this.
Anyway….if it happens and you can’t find it ANYWHERE, try this……
TYPE: “CUI” at the command prompt.
This brings up the “Customize User Interface” dialogue box (shown below).  Make sure you are in the current “Workspace”.  In my case shown below – “Civil 3D Default (current)” on the left.  On the right side, expand “Palettes” then select “External References”.  Cycle through “Show”, “Allow Docking” as required.
Voilà!

No comments: